Proud Members of the
Master Builders Association of NSW since 1968
Our Valued Team & References
BARRY O'MARA OAM
MDR, FIArb (UK), FAIB, JP
- Graduated with Masters Degree in Dispute Resolution from the College of Law, University of Technology Sydney.
- A Grade 1 Arbitrator with wide experience.
- Building Disputes Referee attached to the Department of Consumer Affairs for the west of Sydney 900 Hearings conducted 1991 - 1995.
- Director of NATSPEC. (The National Building Specifications).
- Senior MBA Accredited Building Consultant, with over 40 years building experience.
- Building Industry representative on SAA committees.
- Chartered Building Professional & Corporate Fellow of the Australian Institute of Building.
- Director of O'Mara Constructions Pty Ltd founded in 1964.
- President MBA NSW 1987-88.
- Director of NATSPEC (The National Building Specification).
- NSW representative on the Australian Building Systems Appraisal Council.
- Ministerial appointment to Building Regulations Advisory Council Accreditation Authority of NSW (Responsible for the Building Code of Australia).
- Ministerial appointment as an Associate member of Building Services Corporation of NSW up to December 1994.
- Ministerial Appointee as Deputy Member of the Building and Construction Industry Long Service Payments Committee.
- Justice of the Peace.
- Senior M.B.A. Accredited Building Consultant.
- Building Industry representative on SAA Committees.
Has acted as a head contractor in general construction since 1964 during which time has completed construction contracts for the general public, Local Government, NSW Fire Brigade and NSW State Rail in projects which include; Factories, retail and multi storey construction together with tourism and community facilities, multiple density, residential construction and restoration of heritage buildings.
B. App. Sc (Building) - Honours
- Qualified supervisors, Lic No: Q14472S
- University Degree in Building at the University of Technology, Sydney (Honours) 1994
- Current director of O'Mara Constructions P/L
- Wife of Luke O'Mara
- Company secretary
- Director of O'Mara Constructions
- Office administrator since 2008
- Account receivable & company secretary
Rendered & Colorbond new home
Our carpentry team consists of a mixture of tradesman wage employee's, apprentices and subcontract carpenters. Subcontract carpenters also work for others builders and the public with the number contracted varied according to the amount of work undertaken at any one time
They complete ALL forms of our carpentry work including bearers & joists, sheet & strip flooring, frames & trusses, complex pitched roof's, metal roofing, fascia & guttering, wall cladding, eaves lining, internal fixout, detailed joinery and anything else that needs to be done.
We have on-site working foreman's as site working carpenters but do not employ supervisors. You deal directly with the builder !
CARPENTRY & SMALLER PROJECTS
Our carpenters will complete smaller carpentry jobs directly for the public. This includes work such as replacing doors & windows, moving walls, pergola's & decks, new guttering, etc. We encourage our carpenters to complete this work to supplement their income and improve their work skills. We will assist them with equipment (eg scaffolding) as required and advise them when required. If you have a smaller carpentry style project please contact our office and we can put you in contact with the most suitably qualified carpenter who you can deal directly with for your carpentry project
Our team of tradesman consists of a mixture of new apprentices, tradesman carpenters, sole traders and company contractors.What differs from our company compared to project home companies is that are tradesman all know each other and work together as a team, rather than individual contractors who do not know each other. We pride ourselves that all our trades care about their work and their relationship with not other other trades but with all of our clients. We build homes, not houses !
Austalian colonial new home
built in the Hawkesbury
Mud brick house built
in the Hawkesbury