Contact Us

(02) 4577 4912


Unit 1, No.103 Railway Road (North) MULGRAVE NSW 2756

Online Enquiry

* Required fields
Proud Members of the
Master Builders Association of  NSW since 1968

Extensions & Renovations

Japanese designed home in Leura

Home Renovation in Western Sydney

North Richmond Extension

Winners of the MBA (Master Builders Association of NSW) Housing Award
- Home Extension/Alteration/Renovation (Category $150,000 to $250,000)
For more than 55 years O'Mara has been completing all types of home improvements. House extensions of almost every style and design. Renovations to existing homes or heritage listed buildings. Kitchen and bathroom renovations. Removal of internal structural walls to engineer specifications. Re-roofs in colorbond or roof tiles. Single room additions and granny flats. Pergolas, decks and verandahs.
Most people think that extending an existing home is more expensive than building a new home. Although this may be true is some cases often it is more desirable to extend or renovate an existing property. Good quality economical land is now very hard to find and often it makes more sense to extend and renovate.

Often old homes have been built using construction methods now deemed too expensive. There are many old homes built using full brick construction, hardwood or Oregon frames and rafters. Pitched roofs in lieu of trusses. Terra-cotta roof tiles. Hardwood strip floors. High ceilings with decorative ceiling linings or cornices. Many of these older houses are structurally very stable and suit extending onto or renovating rather than just knocking down and re-building an inferior product. In areas such as Pennant Hills, Turramurra, Castle Hill, Hornsby, Kellyville, Dural there are many well built homes that would be much more practical to extend as these areas are full of structurally well built homes that just require some modern upgrades.

Japanese bath
Yarramundi renovation 2011
We do not require owners to vacate the house while completing home extensions or renovations. We are experienced and working with clients living in the home during the building process and considering their need for privacy and maintaining security of the home. We allow owners to supply building materials directly, the most popular being bathroom fittings, ceramic tiles and kitchen cooking appliances. We allow non-structural work by the owners (eg painting) or the use of nominated sub-contractors that the owners may know personally or have used previously.
We start any new building projects within 14 days of council approval and contract signing. Our quotes are very detailed and professionally presented. Our tradesmen onsite get a copy of the building quote (without the price) on site to ensure everyone knows exactly what is to be included in the building project.
Mosman prestige renovation
After photo
Historic renovation
Glossadia job
After Photo
Our projects include:
Single storey additions
Granny flats
Bathroom renovations
New kitchens 
Pergolas or decks
Wardrobe shelving
New fascia & guttering
Bushfire affected area's
Removal of internal structural walls
Replacement of windows and doors
Cement render with smooth set plaster finish
Rectify roof leaks or damp problems
Convert level to raked ceilings
Rectify sewer blockage problems
Strip flooring sanded and polished
Specialist joinery timber windows & doors
Attic conversions
New skylights
Re-roofs in tiles or colorbond
Fireplaces or slow comustion stoves
Retaining walls and landscaping

We complete home additions in the Hawkesbury Valley, Hills District, Blue Mountains & the Sydney Metro Area. Being based at Mulgrave (near Windsor) makes us central to all of these areas. We also have carpentry crews located from Colo, Penrith, Bateau Bay, Beecroft, Katoomba and Windsor making access to jobs easy.
We can advise on the best methods of how to extend or renovate your existing home economically to your budget. Just contact our office for more details.
St Ives Stairs
St Ives Sunroom

Frenchs Forest Stairs

Mount Wilson architect designed home

Second story additions are now our most popular type of home extension. Please see our 2nd storey addition page for more information. This type of construction is now usually a good investment, better value for money and will dramatically change the street appearance of the home.

Japanese House Gardens
Japanese house Tea Room
Japanese House Fireplace
Japanese house kitchen

The House Renovation Specialists - Servicing Areas in Rouse Hill, Epping, Kellyville, Castle Hill, Pennant Hills & Dural

Renovating a home is an exciting journey for most people. It’s a great opportunity to live in an area you love without the exorbitant fees of moving house. At O’Mara Constructions, we pride ourselves on delivering home extension costs that are affordable, professional and within your individual project constraints. First established in 1964, our family owned and operated building company is renowned it’s quality workmanship, supreme design capabilities and luxurious extensions throughout NSW.

Whether you’re after a new kitchen or bathroom, an outdoor alfresco area or renovating an old heritage listed home, O’Mara Constructions can deliver on time and within budget. Speak to one of our building consultants today and find out how we can help get your next home renovation project off the ground. We’ll help bring your dream home to life.  

Wilberforce job
After photo
Mt Wilson deck
First floor addition in Carlingford

Renovation Builders - Dural

Do you need a bigger family home but not keen on moving to a different location? Renovating your existing property offers a multitude of benefits and could be the answer to your property woes. O’Mara Constructions is a leading home extension builder in the Dural, Epping, Rouse Hill, Kellyville, Castle Hill and Pennant Hills areas.  Our expert team will visit you onsite to discuss all your renovation requirements and assist with any home extension advice you need. No job is too big or too small for us. Whether you need a first floor addition, a larger living space downstairs, extra bedrooms or entertainment area, we can make it happen. Just let us know what your design preferences are and we’ll complete it exactly to your liking. No questions asked.

Don’t risk engaging the wrong builder for your next renovation project. O’Mara Constructions has extensive experience in the residential building market and is notorious for exceptional design and building outcomes. We regularly build on difficult sites and specialise in taking on projects that other builders can’t or won’t do.

Are you keen on a first story addition design for your next project? Speak to the building professionals at O’Mara Constructions today on (02) 4577 4912 or 0419 979 804 for a confidential chat. Our house renovation services cover areas in Rouse Hill, Epping, Kellyville, Castle Hill, Pennant Hills and Dural.

Mosman luxury renovation
Mt Wilson project
Wisemans Ferry
Before photo

New kitchen at Annangrove


New kitchen at Annangrove